Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted byMiz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here is my teaser for this week…It is a little longer than 2″ but…
Whatever you do, Holly, you must remember:
1) Do not let Mum’s career suggestions wind you up (she means well)
2) Do not get insecure/jealous with Toby. Stay fun and breezy at all times
3) Do not end up doing other people’s work, just because you can’t say no.
4) Stay away from work witches, company bullies and people who hang around the reception desk telling you their problems then get your email address and email you their problems, then arrange to meet you for lunch each day to give you more of their problems, even though they never ask you a thing about yours—which happen to be worse, talking of which:
5) Stop keeping the bills in the freezer—they know you are still there, even if they can’t see you now, and they are waiting for you…
6) Keep away from your strange upstairs neighbour
7) Oh and stop getting ridiculously drunk with people from work (it isn’t pretty) Wish me luck!
Holly Denham, Receptionist, DKHuerst, 50 Cabot Square, Canary Wharf, London”