EXTERIOR VIEW, CHRIST CHURCH CATHEDRAL, DUBLIN. -Above is given an exterior view of the venerable Christ Church Cathedral, which is regarded by most antiquarians as by far the most interesting of all Dublin churches. Originally it is said to have been built by the Christianized Danes, about the 11th century; it was rebuilt by the Anglo-Normans, who, on establishing themselves in the metropolis, constituted the church a cathedral of the Pale. In the general type of its architecture it differs from most Irish churches, as almost everything approaching the Romanesque has been eliminated from its construction. Race prejudice was indulged in to such an extent that, toward the end of the 14th century, a law prohibiting native Irishmen from professing themselves in the sanctuary was passed and carried into effect. This held good, except during the brief reign of James II, and the eighteenth century had almost passed into history before an Irish-born man was admitted, even as Vicar-choral, in this exclusive and bigoted church. It was frequently all but destroyed by fire and other visitations, and was subjected to many charges, from its foundation by Sitric the Dane, for secular canons, in 1038, down to the reign of Elizabeth. It was on Easter Sunday, A. D 1551, that the Liturgy was first read in English, as far as Ireland was concerned, in Christ Church. This was the signal for the long series of wars, that may be described as religlo-national, which terminated in 1603, with the surrender of the Ulster Catholic Princes. Christ Church was fully restored, by the liberality of Henry Roe, and under the direction of George Street, R. A., in 1871-8.